Started on: 08-06-2024 12:08 AM
Replies: 9 (132 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 08-07-2024 04:56 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How in the Green Earth...?

That ramp... it has saved frogs...and still saves them to this very day. Maybe toss that gentleman a 'like'. (He has saved some frogs.)

T-Nu is a beautiful human being.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What a great idea! Toady gives the Frog (and Toad) Ramp a big thumbs up.

Off the record... are Craftastrophe and TheCrafsMan one and the same person? The voice is a little different, but the speech pattern is definitely very very similar.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Off the record... are Craftastrophe and TheCrafsMan one and the same person? The voice is a little different, but the speech pattern is definitely very very similar.

One is Louisiana Cajun (actually French Canadian diaspora) the other sounds like Mississippi to me.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The difference between a cat and a frog?

A cat has 9 lives but a frog croaks every night..

(It's crickets here, that get in our pool and can't get out. But, if you take one out and toss it into the grass, it comes right back into the pool and sooner or later, gets drawn into the maelstrom of the skimmer, to drown like a rat in the bottom of the skimmer basket)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-06-2024).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69762 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by williegoat:

One is Louisiana Cajun (actually French Canadian diaspora) the other sounds like Mississippi to me.

Actually, a Coonass. Ask one, he'll say the same thing.
coonass militia
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Actually, a Coonass. Ask one, he'll say the same thing.
coonass militia

Yeah, I used to work with a guy named Claude who taught me that. Everybody thought he was dumb, but he was smarter than all of 'em, one of those people you never forget.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What a great idea! Toady gives the Frog (and Toad) Ramp a big thumbs up.

They are two different people, but I haven't seen much from T-Nu in a while.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The consensus seems to be that Craftastrophe and TheCrafsMan are two different people. I don't disagree that this is very much possible... but it just seemed a little more than coincidental that in a very small niche world of craft videos, that there would be two YouTubers with similar distinctive accents (to my untrained ears). Maybe one guy is purposely trying to semi-imitate the other?

Rumor, we need some clarification on this!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2024 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the dialect alone, I can almost guarantee that they don't look anything like one another. I would also suggest that both were raised within a few hundred miles of where I was raised.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2024 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The consensus seems to be that Craftastrophe and TheCrafsMan are two different people. I don't disagree that this is very much possible... but it just seemed a little more than coincidental that in a very small niche world of craft videos, that there would be two YouTubers with similar distinctive accents (to my untrained ears). Maybe one guy is purposely trying to semi-imitate the other?

Rumor, we need some clarification on this!

This explains the start of the relationship/connection between the two:

Two separate individuals. Both are wonderful people. Spent a bunch of time on the phone with both over the past few years. Helped me with craftin' and aspects of 'the daily struggle'. T-Nu has hung up his Youtube hat for now. Hope he is able to return at some point.

Speaking of the small niche world of crafting... there are these two fellows that are brothers (I thought they were the same person for awhile) Dan and BillThey both have different takes on things...

Be well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock